Google

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

No Comprende

My 12-year-old son is taking Spanish in school this year. I told him last night at dinner that he needs to teach me what he learns because I would really like to be able to speak Spanish too.
The I turned to my wife and said, "You know, when we were shopping for a mattress last weekend, the first place I went into all the guys working there spoke Spanish and I wish I could have understand what they were saying instead of just standing there like a big dufas."
Then my wife gave me a puzzled frown and said "Marc, you seldom understand what people are talking about when they are speaking English. Why do you think you would be smarter in another language?"

Poor me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Envoy-ette said...

my response would have been laughter...and then.."Honey, don't you think being an idiot in 2 languages is much more impressive?"

6:43 AM  
Blogger Bored Housewife said...

that is the greatest!!
one point mrs. marc--

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?