Google

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Pet Peeves!!!

We all have them.

Those singular irritations that can turn an otherwise calm, cool and collected individual into a ranting, raving maniac.

Let me tell you about mine then I'd like to hear some of yours, leave comments.

Every morning I walk outside with my son Ryan to watch him cross the street to get on the school bus. Not that he can't manage that feat on his own. He can. I think... But because the majority of drivers in our subdivision breeze through the 4-way stop sign by our house without even slowing down.

This is, without a doubt, my BIGGEST pet peeve.

We live in your typical suburban neighborhood and our house is on a small circle just off this 4-way stop which is at the entrance of our subdivision. And I am daily stunned by the number of people who run the stop signs. And it runs the gamut from drivers who do a rolling stop to those who slow down to see if anyone is coming then run the stop sign to those who are speeding to begin with and just fly through the intersection like a fast and furious stuntman. To hell with people crossing the streets.

My wife has tried to discourage me from standing on the corner shouting at people to SLOW DOWN and STOP! She says people will think I'm the neighborhood scary, old, crazy guy. I'm not that old (despite the premature graying).

But I have to do something.

I have asked the board members of our subdivision to put in a speed bump but they said no. My wife suggested that I video tape the offenders and show the video at the next board meeting and that that would be the reasonable thing to do.

But I think I'd rather take the law into my own hands because I believe it would be much more rewarding. So, I am presently awaiting my paintball gun license to be approved. My Rambo fatigues are ready and waiting and I'm just itching to bag me a few SUVs.

We'll see who's the neighborhood crazy guy when I go medieval on their bumpers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Envoy-ette said...

Now you really have to video THAT!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?