Google

Friday, May 07, 2004

A blurb about WoW from Gamespot -

Sure enough, though, Blizzard Entertainment saw fit to get in on the excitement of last week by suddenly unleashing the World of Warcraft beta. Soon as I got that email, I dropped what I was doing and initiated the two gigabyte download. That same night, I posted my first impressions of the game based on several of hours of feverish play. We also posted dozens of new screenshots lifted directly from the beta, which feature a wide breadth of content from the game, so be sure to check them out.

I spent an undue amount of time continuing to play World of Warcraft this weekend and remain thoroughly impressed with what I've seen so far. The raw talent possessed by the artists, programmers, and designers at Blizzard really shines through in this product, especially when you compare it directly against any similar games out there. To reiterate a point from my impressions, one of the things that really blows me away about the game is that it has virtually no loading time at any point. If you've ever played any other online RPG, then you know it can take several long minutes just to start playing, and that lengthy interruptions often occur during transitions between gameplay areas. Not in World of Warcraft. The game already runs smoothly and looks and feels like it's practically done. Many online RPGs have been released in a much less polished state than this beta, so one can only wonder how Blizzard will improve the game from here on out, leading up to the release. My guess is we'll be playing World of Warcraft this July, on the anniversary of Blizzard's last two major game releases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?