Google

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Dushku Stays Tru

Eliza Dushku, who stars in Fox's supernatural series Tru Calling, told SCI FI Wire that her character will embrace her gift in the upcoming second season and use it to fight her nemesis, played by new regular cast member Jason Priestley. "I'm excited to see this next season go on and especially with Jason coming into the mix, because now Tru has, in a sense, shown her power," Dushku said in an interview during the network's fall press preview in Los Angeles. "I know I'm going to use it to get into this battle. Now it's on, and she owns her power, and I think she's going to find so many more colors and so many more strengths."

In the final episode of the first season, the show took a dark turn when viewers discovered that Tru's father killed her mother and that Priestley's character was a villain. Dushku promised that the upcoming season will include more surprises. "There's going to be a lot of mysterious twists this year," she said. "There's going to be guest stars coming on that I can't talk about now, even though I really want to. But it's going to be a great year."

Dushku said she was anxious to get back to work on July 20, when the season premiere begins filming. "I'm freaking out," she said. "I'm excited, though. I feel like last year. I'm like thrilled and terrified at the same time. But mostly I'm excited. I can't wait to see [co-stars] Zach [Galifianakis] and Shawn [Reaves]. I had such a good time. My cast and crew were so amazing. I can't wait to go interact with everybody again." Tru Calling returns for a second season in November in its regular 9 p.m. ET/PT Thursday timeslot.
Sci Fi Wire -- The News Service of the Sci Fi Channel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?